Want to know more about Voice?
Voice is an online feedback community and a safe place to say what you think about the topics asked by Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited and their parent company Daimler Mobility AG. To ask your opinion, we’ll use questionnaires and forums on subjects we think will be of interest to you.
Who looks after Voice?
The information you give us will be seen and used by Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited, our parent company Daimler Mobility AG and Kantar (an independent market research company).
Who do I contact if I have a question?
If you have any questions about our community, e.g. technical problems, general or content related questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do I need a profile and how do I create it?
To take part in the community and share your opinions on the topics we ask, need to create a profile first. Your profile will contain your community name and select an image for your profile (this doesn’t have to be an image of yourself.) You can access your profile via "My profile" in the top right corner of the header on the start page. We would be pleased if you could keep your profile up to date (by clicking on "Edit account"). From here you can set a picture as avatar and provide information about yourself. This information can be changed and updated at any time if something changes in your profile..
How can I change my image (avatar) on my profile?
Your avatar will always be displayed as your personal identifying feature in all your posts. You can edit your profile and change your avatar in the "My Profile" section under "Edit Account" at any time. Using the “Edit Account” option you can then delete the current photo or select a new photo.
What is a Hotspot?
Hotspots are our survey topics, which usually consist of a survey and discussions.
There are two ways to participate in hotspots:
- Hotspots where all participants can participate
The majority of the time all participants can take part in a hotspot. We will inform you about new hotspots in our newsletter and on the community homepage. To participate, you can go to the two menu items Hotspot and Surveys, or simply click on the Hotspot field on the community homepage. For the survey you will also receive an invitation by e-mail, which will include a link that will take you directly to the survey.
- Hotspots, where only certain target groups can participate
For certain topics we may need the opinion of specific target groups. We use your answers from the initial questionnaire to determine whether you are interested or qualified for a particular topic. For example if we were to ask questions about a particular finance product we may only select members who have had experience with this specific product in the past..
How long does a hotspot last?
A Hotspots lasts between one and two weeks and are announced on the Community Homepage under “Upcoming Hotspots”. In addition, they are also announced in the weekly newsletter. However, there can also be shorter hotspots depending on the scope of a topic.
Contributions to the discussion
How do I leave a comment in a discussion?To post a comment in a discussion, click in the active text field below the question and then click on the "Comment" button, which is located next to the question.
To comment on the contributions of other participants, click on "Reply" at the bottom below the respective comment.
How do I find new discussion posts quickly?
On the Community Homepage on the right side under the section “Latest topics” you find new discussions. That’s the easiest way. You can also access all active topics by clicking on "Hotspots" at the top of the page or you can use "Explore" to log into specific groups and find more topics there.
How can I insert pictures into discussions?
Yes – we think it is often worthwhile to include images and illustrations in comments and answers to better explain your point of view:
- Under the active text field of a discussion you will find the function "Add attachment".
- Then select the button "Choose files".
- You have to make sure that you have saved the image to your computer first. To upload your own or saved picture, click on "Browse".
- In the next step you have to select the uploaded file from the image directory of the server by clicking on the image and then selecting the button "Open".
- After confirming, the file name is displayed below the text box. If you click the button "Comment" your picture will be posted with your comment.
Use of image material:
Image rights are a complex issue and it is often confusing what rights are attached to an image, e.g. whether it is protected or whether the image has been released by the owner.
That’s why we recommend when uploading an image include a reference (e.g. the URL where you found the picture).
How can I refer to other comments
Everyone knows the problem: in an exciting discussion, countless comments are lined up and you would like to comment on an older statement yourself without posting in the middle of the "conversation". Simply click directly on "Reply" in the corresponding comment.
- The comment will then appear indented in the correct place.
- Again, click "Comment" to post your comment
How can I link words in a comment?
- First mark the word you want to hyperlink.
- Then click on the left paper clip icon in the menu bar above the text field.
- A pop-up window will open where you can insert the URL you would like to link to. Please note that the link has to start with http:// or https://.
If you want to delete the link, just click on the linked word and then on the right click the paper clip symbol (with the x).
What are points for?
You receive reward points for your hotspot activities.
Surveys outside of the main hotspots can also be rewarded with bonus points. The number of points can vary depending on the scope and task. The basic rule is: 1 reward point is worth 1 GBP.
Within a hotspot you can earn rewards points in two ways:
- We will be issuing stars rating which will be given out by the moderators for your comments in the hotspot discussions. At the end of a hotspot, these are converted into rewards points and credited to your points account.
The following applies to the allocation of stars:
It's not the quantity that counts but the quality of your response. Each entry is read and personally evaluated by the independent moderator team. Contributions that we particularly like because they provide us with new insights are awarded with up to three stars.
- For each hotspot, a certain amount of points are available, which is distributed between the hotspot participants. The amount of available points can vary depending on the hotspot. You can see an overview of your reward points collected in the Hotspot (survey and discussion) in your profile under "My reward points".
- We will be awarding reward points for participating in hotspot surveys (usually 2 bonus points). The points are credited directly to your points account.
For longer surveys, 30 x 5 bonus points are raffled among all survey participants. These points will be credited to your points account under "My reward points". in the same way bonus points are.
You can view your points balance at any time in your profile under your profile picture and in more detail under the "My reward points" tab.
How do I redeem my collected bonus points?
To redeem your rewards points, open your profile and click on the "Redeem rewards points" button located under your points balance. You then select the amount of points you would like to redeem (points can only be redeemed in groups of £5). Once you have selected the amount click on "Order" to complete the process and you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note that although vouchers can be ordered at any time, they will be processed in bundles at the beginning of the following month. We will communicate in our Newsletters when you need to order your vouchers for collection the following month.
What does Kantar do with my contributions?
Your contribution to the community is evaluated continuously. The hotspot results are used by the departments who request the hotspot topic. Your opinions and input will support many important decisions made across the business.
How do I find questions and answers from the moderator to my posts?
The easiest way to find out whether a moderator has posted an answer to your comment - for example a question - will be to check your emails as we will send you a notification that a response has been made. A direct link will be included in the email which will take you to the comment. This way you are always up to date and never miss a moderator's post on your comment.
Alternatively you can view the notification directly on the Community Homepage. Just click on the "bell symbol" in the top right corner.
You can set when and how often you would like to be notified under your profile > Settings > E-mail notifications
How can I follow content?
As you may know, you can follow individual discussions that are of particular interest to you.
- By clicking on the "follow content" button, you can be notified by e-mail when new answers are left in a discussion. This way you will be automatically notified when a new comment is posted. This will help save time searching for the discussion and you will stay up-to-date with the topic.
- Additionally you can see an overview on your profile of the contents you follow. Just check your profile under the tab "Following". Here you can edit the notification form or remove your "I follow" settings, should you change your mind.
What do I need to do if I forget my password?
If you can’t remember your password, click on the “Request new password” button on the login page and the VOICE portal will send you a new password by e-mail.
Can the community provide any help concerning problems with my vehicle?
No, unfortunately not. In case of any complaint or problem concerning a Mercedes-Benz vehicle please contact the Customer Assistance Centre on: 00800 9777 7777.