Please find below the statutory information on data protection. We ask you to read this privacy notice carefully.
This privacy notice describes how we process personal data which you provide to us as part of your
participation in the study within the Online Community and on this website. This declaration on data
protection applies exclusively to the site https://uk.mb-voice.com. The statement does not apply to other sites, services or products provided by us or third parties.
Who is the responsible party?
Kantar as data controller is responsible for processing your data within this community. Our contact details are as follows:
Landsberger Str. 284
80687 Munich/ Germany
What is the purpose of the online community?
- The aim and purpose of our Online Community is to share and exchange opinions andexperience and discuss potential Mercedes-Benz brand, product and communication ideasdirectly between members of the online-community and our client Daimler Mobility AG (previously known as Daimler Financial Services AG) and its subsidiaries (including Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited)
- We will from time to time send you invitations to your registered email address asking you to participate in new surveys or discussions within the Online Community. These will cover planned product launches, communication tools or marketing activities from Daimler Mobility AG
- We will collect your information and feedback, analyse it and compare it with information from other users. The final reports however, which we prepare for Daimler Mobility AG will be anonymised. The final results of the analysis will be used in marketing and product decisions of Daimler Mobility AG
What is personal data within our community?
This includes, for example, your name, your e-mail address, your telephone number or your postal address, but also your individual contributions to the community - in other words, all information that makes your person identifiable.
Why and on what legal basis was I contacted?
We have contacted you because you have either given Daimler Mobility AG your consent to this or you have otherwise become aware of us and have gone through our registration process.
Will my data be treated confidentially?
Mandatory data to be part of the Online-Community are: email, username and answering the screening questions. Any additional profile data you provide is voluntary and does not need to be disclosed if you would prefer to keep it private.
Kantar GmbH works according to the EU General Data Protection Regulation and all other data protection provisions.
Do I have to participate in the online Community?
Your participation in the Online Community, the feedback that you provide to Daimler Mobility AG, other members and us, as well as the receipt of invitation emails to new surveys, is based on your voluntary consent when registering on our Online Community. There will be no disadvantages for non-participation. If you participate, you can also withdraw your consent at any time, whereby any data processing up to the time of your withdrawal remains lawful. In order to withdraw your consent please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of General Information when this website is used
When you access this website, general information is automatically collected. This information includes, for example, the type of web browser, the operating system used, the domain name of your Internet service provider and similar information. This information is technically required in order to correctly deliver the content you have requested from websites and is mandatory when using the Internet. Furthermore, the collection of such data is technically required to ensure stability and security.
Anonymous information of this kind is statistically evaluated by us in order to optimise our Internet presence and the technology behind it. This information is also used to avert threats in the event of attacks on our information technology systems and to provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary to prosecute criminals in the event of a cyber-attack.
Similar to many other websites, we also use "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are transferred from a website server to your hard drive. This automatically provides us with certain data such as the IP address, the web browser used, the operating system and information about your computer and your connection to the Internet.
Cookies cannot be used to start programs or to transmit viruses to a computer. We use the information contained in cookies to help you navigate and display our websites correctly. In addition, they serve to make our website more user-friendly and effective.
Under no circumstances will the data we collect be passed on to third parties or linked to personal data without your consent.
Please see this list to understand which cookies we are storing:
All cookies used are technically necessary cookies which are necessary for providing the community.
|SESS[Unique ID]||This cookie allows logging in and remembering which contact forms you have submitted. This cookie is essential for site functionality and the user experience.||Until the end of the browser session||Functional cookie|
|SPL[[Unique ID]]||Cookie for "persistent login" - This cookie is only
used if you select "Stay logged in" at login
|1 year||Functional cookie|
|Hash SessionID||This cookie is placed when you start a survey
session on the same browser where you are
working on another one.
|QST||The purpose is to save surveys that have not
been completed after a certain period of time.
|Up to 1
|TRACK_TLS1_0||This cookie is used for tracking clients
connecting to Qualtrics using TLS1.0. Qualtrics
is working to deprecate TLS1.0 in the future.
|1 year||Functional cookie|
|This Cookie tracks the URL of the Web page
that the user visited
|__cfduid||Helps to detect malicious visitors to the website and minimizes blocking legitimate users. It is necessary for security features.
The _cfduid cookie collects and anonymizes End
User IP addresses using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified. addresses using a one-way hash of certain values so they cannot be personally identified.
|1 year||Functional cookie|
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods: HTTPs encapsulated using TLS v1.2
Who receives my data apart from Kantar GmbH?
- Within the community your comments and posts as well as the user name that you have chosen will be visible to the other members of the community. Among these members are employees of our client Daimler Mobility AG who are observing and involved in the discussions.
- Please note, that our client Daimler Mobility AG takes part in the Online Community and have full access and admin rights, in order to directly discuss with you and other members of the community and to create surveys at short notice. Daimler Mobility AG therefore can see your posts and other content provided by you within the Community.
- When we conduct our studies and provide our community we use service providers, which process personal data on our behalf. In particular we work with service providers which carry out the interviewing process or evaluate the interviews and with software providers. In addition we rely on providers, which work for us in the course of our general business operations and administration, e.g. providers for our IT-infrastructure.
- We have entered into data processing agreements with all our service providers in accordance with Art. 28 of the European General Data Protection Regulation. The service providers are hereby obliged to strictly follow instructions with regard to their data processing activities on our behalf. Where we send data outside the European Economic Area, we obtain suitable guarantees in order to guarantee the level of protection provided for by the European General Data Protection Regulation.
- Vouchers for UK members are sent out by Kantar's service providers: Airpoints Inc. D.B.A. Perks, 200 River Market Avenue, Suite 350, Little Rock, AR 72201 to which we pass on the e-mail addresses of the winners. In this case the data will be processed in the USA, i.e. outside the European Union or the European Economic Area. In order to ensure an adequate level of data protection outside the EU, Kantar has concluded the so-called EU standard contract clauses with the service provider. Please note that with regard to the voucher and its redemption, the data protection information and conditions of the voucher provider are decisive.
- You may have come to our attention through a recruitment service provider (e.g. a panel of which you are a member). In this case, the recruitment service provider has invited you to register on our community. We will provide the recruitment service provider with feedback on your participation in the entry questionnaire and any registrations made on our community. The legal basis for the disclosure of the personal data required for this purpose is our legitimate interest in possibly compensating the recruitment service provider depending on the number of successful registrations in our Community. Furthermore, the comparison is necessary to ensure the quality of the recruitment and to prevent misuse (e.g. multiple registrations).
The purpose of this Online Community is to provide anonymised content of the discussions and surveys as part of our final report(s) to our clients and to the public. This could mean, that we use selected comments, statements and discussion posts and quote them in documents, reports and other media.
How long will my data be stored?
Your personal data will be processed for the above-mentioned purpose as long as the online Community is in operation and as long as you have not asserted a right to erasure.
As required by the statutory provisions and the standards DIN-ISO 27001, ISO 9001, ISO 20252, backups are conducted and archived for our electronic systems. They are stored securely for a stipulated period and protected from unauthorised access. After expiry of the storage periods, this data is finally deleted and the storage media destroyed.
What are my rights with respect to my personal data?
You may assert the following rights with respect to your personal data towards us
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure (“Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
You also have a right of complaint to a data protection supervisory authority. You can file your complaint both with the supervisory authority in your country of residence or workplace and with the supervisory authority responsible for the person in charge in the respective federal state.
Whom can I contact if I have questions?
For all questions and requests on data protection you can contact: Data protection officer
Landsberger Str 284
80687 Munich/ Germany
If you have any questions concerning the community, please do not hesitate to contact the team at email@example.com.