Terms and Conditions of Use for the Online Community Voice – Let’s talk Mobility
We, Kantar GmbH, operate the Online Community Voice – Let’s talk Mobility (hereinafter referred to as the “Online Community”) as part of a long-term online project. The sole purpose of the Online Community is to survey opinions and obtain the views of customers. The use of the Online Community is free of charge.
Further information about Kantar and how to contact us can be found on the community platform under "Legal notice".
The following terms and conditions apply to use of the Online Community provided on the domain uk.mb-voice.com. By registering, you consent to the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Online Community.
2 Registering as a member of the Online Community
(1) You may only use the Online Community if you
- are aged 18 or above,
- complete the registration process as a member of the Online Community, and
- accept and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(2) After you register using the online form, you are sent a confirmation e-mail so that you can verify your data and confirm your registration.
(3) You do not have any legal requirement to activate your account or participate in the Online Community. As the operator, Kantar reserves the right to prohibit members from or admit them to the Online Community.
(4) When choosing your user name, you are not permitted to use
- terms protected by trademark,
- company names or
- Internet addresses.
Instead, use your first name or a pseudonym you have invented.
(5) Only you are allowed to use your membership account. As the account holder, you are responsible for protecting your account against misuse. In particular, you are responsible for protecting your access data from being obtained by third parties.
(6) You may only register with the Online Community using only one account.
3 General duties on the part of members of the Online Community
(1) You as a member of the Online Community agree to refrain from publishing contributions thatviolate the Community’s rules, public morality or prevailing law.
In particular, you are not allowed to:
- publish offensive or untrue content,
- publish content whose publication constitutes a criminal offence or regulatory offence,
- send spam,
- use content protected by law, in particular content that is copyrighted or protected by trademark, without authorisation,
- post identical content in the Community multiple times (ban on duplicate postings),
- conduct your own advertising or surreptitious advertising,
- publish content with elements that are offensive, racist, hateful, discriminatory, pornographic, threatening or pestering toward or in the eyes of other members or the general public,
- publish contributions through third parties if the third party’s personal identity can be deduced from them (such as through a name, address, telephone number or the overall circumstances), unless the third parties are public figures,
- read, process or utilise automated mechanisms on the contents of the website (such as bots, bots, robots, spiders, scrapers or other AI) or in any other circumstances, unless you have received explicit written consent to do so,
- upload viruses or other malicious code to the website.
(2) As a member of the Online Community, you are obliged to check that you have complied with the above subsection before publishing your contribution in the Online Community.
(3) If you violate the above subsection, we in particular reserve the right to take the following steps against you:
- delete or amend the contributions you have posted,
- prohibit you from posting further contributions in the Online Community, or
- block your access to, or remove you as a member of, the Online Community.
(4) By giving your consent, you warrant that you will not create any contributions that violate the Community rules laid out in the above subsection (1).
(5) If you detect a violation of our Terms and Conditions of Use or prevailing law in individual contributions, we ask you to report them to us so that we can examine the contribution as soon as possible and delete it if applicable.
(6) The Online Community is accessible only to registered members. However, we recommend that you refrain from disclosing details that allow you to be identified (such as your address, telephone number or e-mail address) in your contributions. Your contributions should not reveal any information that you would also not make publicly available.
(7) Content made available by us in the Online Community, as well as content from other users are unauthorised to be shared or made available outside of the Online Community in any form.
(8) The Online Community is moderated by trained moderators. The processing of content and any form of feedback or complaints by users are based on human decision making, as well as our internal procedural rules.
4 Your duty to maintain confidentiality
(1) Knowledge and information are communicated to you as a member of the Online Community, or made available to you on the website, in particular:
Results of studies and surveys held in the Community, provided photographic and video material, and documents from Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG and its subsidiaries including Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK, for example on planned product launches or marketing activities.
This constitutes Confidential Information, unless indicated otherwise.
(2) The Confidential Information shall remain the intellectual property of from Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG and its subsidiaries including Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited, Kantar, their affiliated companies or third parties and you shall not be granted any rights to use them or any licence rights to them.
(3) You agree to keep the Confidential Information private and take appropriate measures to prevent third parties from gaining knowledge of and utilising it. In particular, you are prohibited from utilising the Confidential Information for your own purposes or disclosing it to third parties, except with our explicit written consent.
(4) The obligation to maintain confidentiality shall not apply if
- Confidential Information is in the public domain – without that involving a violation of section 4.3 – and so is no longer secret or capable of being protected,
- Kantar respectively Mercedes-Benz Mobility AG and its subsidiaries including Mercedes-Benz Financial Services UK Limited has given you its prior written consent in the specific individual case to disclose Confidential Information to a third party,
- you have obtained the Confidential Information from a third party before joining the Online Community or obtained it afterwards from a third party – without that involving a violation of section 4.3 –, provided the third party has come into possession of the Confidential Information lawfully and does not violate a binding obligation on itself to maintain confidentiality by disclosing it, or
- you are obliged to disclose the Confidential Information by law or pursuant to an order by a competent court of law, public authority or other institution, in which case you must undertake all reasonable steps to prevent or restrict disclosure of the Confidential Information to the maximum possible extent.
The onus to prove that one of the above exceptions from the obligation to maintain confidentiality exists shall be on you.
(5) Subject to subsection 4 above, this obligation to maintain confidentiality shall remain in effect after your membership of the Online Community ends.
(6) Kantar does not warrant that the Confidential Information is correct or complete.
5 Transfer of usage rights
(1) As a member of the Online Community, you have sole responsibility for ensuring compliance with the applicable copyright laws and legislation when you publish contributions in the Online Community.
(2) You grant us the following permission in relation to the content (contributions, comments, suggestions, ideas, information, photos, texts, videos, etc.) that you have posted as part of use of the Online Community and that are covered by intellectual property rights (hereinafter referred to as “IP Content”):
You grant us – waiving any claims for payment and reference to your name – the irrevocable, non-exclusive, assignable rights to use your IP Content without any restriction as to time and place. In turn, we agree to limit the use of your IP Content to those purposes that are stated in the preamble at the outset of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
(3) The above usage rights shall remain in effect even after your membership ends.
6 Granting of incentives
Your participation in and membership of the Online Community is voluntary. Kantar can grant rewards or reimbursement of expenses or offer contests (jointly referred to in the following as “Incentives”) on a case by case basis, but at no time will owe any payment for your participation in the Online Community and in particular for the content you post. Kantar shall not assume any obligations in connection with the payment of tax on any Incentives granted to you. You yourself shall be responsible for paying tax on the Incentives or income you receive from Kantar as part of the Online Community.
7 Limitation on liability
(1) We shall be responsible for our own content on our sites in accordance with the general laws. However, we shall not assume any liability for the content posted in the Online Community or acts by third parties. We do not endorse such content or acts in any manner and in particular dissociate ourselves from unlawful content and acts.
(2) We shall be liable if we act with intent or gross negligence or violate a cardinal contractual obligation. Cardinal contractual obligations are ones that must be met to enable proper implementation of the agreement and which the contractual partners can usually rely upon to be fulfilled. We shall be liable for damage due to violation of cardinal contractual obligations through slight negligence by us or our legal representatives or vicarious agents, although said liability shall be limited to reimbursement for damage that was foreseeable when the agreement was concluded and is typical of the agreement. We shall not be liable for violating secondary obligations that are not cardinal contractual obligations through slight negligence. Liability for damage falling under the protection of a guarantee or pledge given by us, and liability for claims under the German Product Liability Law and damage due to injury to life, body or health, shall be unaffected thereby.
(3) We do not warrant that the website can be used without interruption at all times. Any liability in this regard is hereby explicitly excluded. Downtimes cannot unfortunately be ruled out despite great care being taken.
8 Term and termination of membership
(1) Your membership of the Online Community shall commence when you register and consent to our Terms and Conditions of Use.
(2) Your membership shall run for an indefinite period of time and can be terminated without notice by either Party at any time, without the need to give any reason for doing so.
(3) If you wish to delete your account, please click on your User-Account and then “Settings”. At the bottom of this page, you will find the option to click "Cancel account".
The comments and contributions you have posted in the Online Community shall then remain visible to the other members. They are then indicated by “Anonymous” instead of your user name. Your personal data shall be deleted.
9 Reservation of the right to make amendments
(1) We reserve the right to amend or expand the content and structure of the Online Community and the related user interfaces. Any such amendment shall be communicated in the Online Community in reasonable form.
(2) We shall have the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Any such amendment shall be communicated in the Online Community in good time before it takes effect and in reasonable form. If you continue using the Online Community after the amendments take effect, that shall denote your consent to the modified Terms and Conditions of Use.
10 Place of jurisdiction
If no amicable agreement can be reached on any disputes that may arise, we agree – where permissible under the law – that the courts of law with competence for the place of the registered offices of Kantar in Germany (Munich) shall have jurisdiction and venue for any disputes that arise from or in connection with, result from or are based on the application of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
11 Consumer arbitration
Kantar is neither willing nor obliged to take part in proceedings to resolve disputes before a consumer arbitration board.
12 Severability clause
Should one or more provisions in these Terms and Conditions of Use be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby. The Parties undertake to replace the invalid provision by an arrangement which corresponds as closely as possible to the economic purpose of the invalid provision.